Does Verio Have A Generic Test Strip?
I am posting this blog to address one of the most common questions we have been receiving lately, “Are there any generic test strips for OneTouch Verio glucose meters?” The answer is no. As of now the OneTouch Verio meter(s) can only accept its own test strips, which is the OneTouch Verio.
The OneTough Verio is an excellent meter because it takes the guesswork out of glucose testing, but only accepts the test strips designed for it. Due to the high cost of Verio test strips there is a growing demand for a generic test strip that can be used with OneTouch Verio meters. While there are 2 generic strips that work with OneTouch family of meters, a generic strip that works with Verio is yet to be developed.
Generic Test Strips for OneTouch Meters – Not for Verio!
If you’re looking for a OneTouch meter that takes generic test strips, The OneTouch Ultra Meter Kit offers a simple way to see the effect of food on your blood sugar results. This specific meter kit takes 2 generic test strips which are Genultimate and the Unistrip, making using it more affordable for the consumer.
The generic test strips mentioned above work with all family of OneTouch meters excluding the Verio line. They are at a reasonable price point, and allow the customer to take advantage of the accuracy of the OneTouch glucose monitoring systems.
Here are the differences between the meters and strips so you can make the choice for yourself of what is the right meter kit for you.
OneTouch Verio Flex
- ColorSure technology to show when blood glucose level is high, low, or in range
- Only uses the OneTouch Verio test strips
- Stores 500 blood sugar test results
- Accuracy you can rely on
- Compatible with OneTouch Reveal mobile app
Compatible with OneTouch Verio Strips
- Requires only 0.4 uL of blood
- Visual confirmation window so it’s easy to see when you’ve applied enough blood
- No manual coding
- Side-fill test strip allows you to test using either side of the test strip
- Provides quick wicking action and a visual confirmation window
- Before and after meal results
- Before and after meal averages
- 7-, 14-, and 30-day averages
- Large easy to read display with backlight
Compatible with OneTouch Ultra Blue Test Strips
- Alternate Site Testing
- DoubleSure Technology: Automatically checks each blood sample twice
- Easy to Use
- 5 Second Test Results: Within 5 seconds, you will have an easy to read blood glucose test result
- Provides visual confirmation of adequate blood sample
Generic Test Strips for OneTouch
- Engineered to deliver accurate and fast results
- Allows alternate site testing (AST) from the fingertip
- Ideal for patients pay out of pocket
- Generic alternative to OneTouch Ultra test strips
- Compatible with OneTouch
- Costs 80% less than the name brand test strips
- FDA cleared for use with OneTouch, Ultra, Ultra2, and UltraMini Meters
- Alternate site testing
- Fast results
- Accurate testing
Need more information about generic strips for OneTouch? See the differences between Unistrip and GenUltimate.