ARKRAY GLUCOCARD EXPRESSION TEST STRIPS
Arkray GlucoCard Expression Test Strips are for use with the Arkray GlucoCard Expression blood glucose meter to quantitatively measure the glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood samples drawn from the fingertips or palm.
Arkray GlucoCard Expression test strips are easy to use. GlucoCard Expression test strips require only 0.5 µL sample size to quickly test glucose in fresh capillary whole blood. The test results are delivered in just 7 second.The GlucoCard Expression test strip is equipped with under-fill detection to alert you when there is not enough blood to perform a test. This ensures that every reading is accurate and meaningful.
- Fast, precise and simple to use
- 0.5 µL sample size
- GO-based test strips
- Precise results in just 7 seconds
- Auto coded meter with a 250-test memory
The Arkray GlucoCard Expression Meter that uses the GlucoCard Expression test strips has the following features:
- Results: Plasma referenced
- Calibration: Auto coding
- Display: LCD
- Memory: 250 tests with time & date stamp
- Averaging: 14- and 30-day averaging
- Downloadable: Yes
To get the most accurate results, you may need to calibrate your GlucoCard Expression meter every time you open a new vial of test strips to ensure the meter and test strips are working properly. You may use the ARKRAY GlucoCard Expression Control Solution to check that the ARKRAY GlucoCard Expression glucose meter and test strips are working correctly. It is important that you carry out this simple check regularly. For precise instructions please check the GlucoCard Expression manual provided in the test strip box.
The Arkray GlucoCard Expression blood glucose test strips are intended for the quantitative measurement of glucose in fresh capillary whole blood samples drawn from the fingertips or palm. Testing is done outside the body (In Vitro Diagnostic Use). It is indicated for use at home (over the counter [OTC]) by persons with diabetes, or in clinical settings by healthcare professionals, as an aid to monitor the effectiveness of diabetes control. It is not intended for the diagnosis of or screening for Diabetes Mellitus, and is not intended for use on neonates.
ARKRAY GLUCOCARD EXPRESSION BLOOD GLUCOSE TEST STRIPS
The Arkray GlucoCard Expression Test Strips require a small blood sample to quickly test glucose in fresh capillary whole blood. The test results are plasma-calibrated for easy comparison to lab results, however results may be 10% to 15% higher than results obtained from whole-blood referenced blood glucose assays. The test strip is also equipped with under-fill detection to alert you when there is not enough blood to perform a test. This ensures that every reading is accurate and meaningful.
ALTERNATE SITE TESTING (AST) WITH GLUCOCARD EXPRESSION TEST STRIPS
According to GlucoCard Expression User Manual you may use GlucoCard Expression test strips to test from sites other than your finger tips. This is called Alternate Site Testing (AST). These sites may have fewer nerve endings so obtaining a blood sample from these sites may be less painful. The technique for alternate site testing is different from fingertip testing. Blood glucose results from sites other than your fingertip could be significantly different due to blood glucose levels changing rapidly after a meal, insulin, or exercise. Always consult with your diabetes healthcare professional prior to testing from a site other than your fingertips using the Arkray GlucoCard Expression test strips. Glucose test results obtained from sites other than the fingertip may differ significantly as is the case with all blood glucose monitoring systems.
Alternate Site Testing with GlucoCard Expression Test Strips should NOT be used when:
- You are experiencing Hypoglycemic unawareness (unable to tell if you have low blood sugar)
- Within 2 hours of a meal, exercise, or medication
- You will be operating machinery or driving a car.
- You are sick
- You think your blood glucose is low.
- Your AST results do not match the way you feel.
- You are testing for hyperglycemia.
- Your routine glucose results are often fluctuating.
- If you are pregnant.
Storage and Operating Conditions of GlucoCard Expression Test Strips
According to GlucoCard Expression User Manual to ensure accurate results with GlucoCard Expression blood glucose test strips:
- Store the test strip bottle in a cool, dry place between 39°F– 86°F (4°C–30°C)
- Keep away from direct sunlight and heat
- Do not refrigerate or freeze
- Do not store or transfer the test strips outside the original bottle
- As soon as you have removed a test strip, replace the cap securely on the bottle
- Use GlucoCard Expression test strips within 90 days (3 months) of opening and not beyond the expiration date
- Write the date of opening on the bottle label to remind you to discard the strips after 90 days (3 months)
- Do not bend, cut, or alter a test strip
- Do not reuse a test strip
- Use only GlucoCard Expression Test Strips with the GlucoCard Expression Meter
- Ensure your hands are clean and dry before handling test strips
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.
GlucoCard Expression Testing Supplies
How to Save Money on GlucoCard Expression Supplies
To save on your GlucoCard Expression test strips and related accessories, take advantage of the following bundles: