ARKRAY GLUCOCARD VITAL TEST STRIPS 50 COUNT BOX
ARKRAY GlucoCard Vital test strips are for use with ARKRAY GlucoCard glucose meter to quantitative measure the blood glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood samples drawn from the fingertips or palm. ARKRAY GlucoCard Vital test strips require only 0.5 µL sample size and provide an end-fill sample application tip for easy blood application.
When a drop of blood is added to the sample application tip, the sample is drawn into the test strip reaction site. The glucose in the blood reacts with the enzyme on the test strip. This reaction produces a current, proportional to the amount of glucose in the blood. The meter detects the current and converts it into a blood glucose reading.
GlucoCard Vital test strips are easy to use and deliver clinically accurate results in just 7 second. GlucoCard Vital test strips are manufactured by Arkray one of the leading manufacturers of diabetic supplies.
- Exclusively for use with GlucoCard Vital Meter
- Fast, precise and simple to use
- 0.5 µL sample size
- GO-based test strips
- Precise results in just 7 seconds
- Auto coded meter with a 250-test memory
The ARKRAY GlucoCard Vital Meter that uses the GlucoCard Vital test strips has the following features:
- Results: Plasma referenced
- Calibration: Auto coding
- Display: LCD
- Memory: 250 tests with time & date stamp
- Averaging: 14- and 30-day averaging
- Downloadable: Yes
You may use the ARKRAY Assure Dose Control Solution to check that the ARKRAY GlucoCard meter and test strips are working correctly. It is important that you carry out this simple check regularly. For precise instructions please check the GlucoCard Vital manual provided in the test strips box.
The Arkray GlucoCard Vital blood glucose test strips are intended for the quantitative measurement of glucose in fresh capillary whole blood samples drawn from the fingertips or palm. Testing is done outside the body (In Vitro Diagnostic Use). It is indicated for use at home (over the counter [OTC]) by persons with diabetes, or in clinical settings by healthcare professionals, as an aid to monitor the effectiveness of diabetes control. It is not intended for the diagnosis of or screening for Diabetes Mellitus, and is not intended for use on neonates.
GLUCOCARD VITAL BLOOD GLUCOSE TEST STRIPS
The Arkray GlucoCard Vital test strips require only 0.5 µl of blood and provide an end-fill sample application tip for easy blood application. The GlucoCard Vital Blood glucose monitoring system measures the amount of glucose (sugar) in fresh capillary whole blood. When a drop of blood is added to the sample application tip, the sample is drawn into the test strip reaction site. The glucose in the blood reacts with the enzyme on the Arkray GlucoCard Vital test strip. This reaction produces a current, proportional to the amount of glucose in the blood. The meter detects the current and converts it into a blood glucose reading.
ALTERNATE SITE TESTING (AST) WITH GLUCOCARD VITAL TEST STRIPS
According to GlucoCard Vital User Manual you may use GlucoCard Vital test strips to test from sites other than your finger tips. This is called Alternate Site Testing (AST). These sites may have fewer nerve endings so obtaining a blood sample from these sites may be less painful. The technique for alternate site testing is different from fingertip testing. Blood glucose results from sites other than your fingertip could be significantly different due to blood glucose levels changing rapidly after a meal, insulin, or exercise.
Always consult with your diabetes healthcare professional prior to testing from a site other than your fingertips using the Arkray GlucoCard Vital test strips.
According to GlucoCard Vital User Manual, results obtained from sites other than the fingertip may differ significantly as is the case with all blood glucose monitoring systems. On average, blood taken from the palm may give results as much as 5% higher than blood taken from the fingertip.
Consider Alternate Site Testing with GlucoCard Vital Test Strips when:
- Testing before a meal
- You are in a fasting state
- Two hours have passed since a meal
- Two hours have passed since insulin dosing
- Two hours have passed since physical activity
Storage and Operating Conditions of GlucoCard Vital Test Strips
According to GlucoCard Vital User Manual to ensure accurate results with GlucoCard Vital blood glucose test strips:
- Store the test strip bottle in a cool, dry place between 39°F– 86°F (4°C–30°C)
- Keep away from direct sunlight and heat
- Do not refrigerate or freeze
- Do not store or transfer the test strips outside the original bottle
- As soon as you have removed a test strip, replace the cap securely on the bottle
- Use GlucoCard Vital test strips within 90 days (3 months) of opening and not beyond the expiration date
- Write the date of opening on the bottle label to remind you to discard the strips after 90 days (3 months)
- Do not bend, cut, or alter a test strip
- Do not reuse a test strip
- Use only GlucoCard Vital Test Strips with the GlucoCard Vital Meter
- Ensure your hands are clean and dry before handling test strips
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.
GlucoCard Vital Testing Supplies
How to Save Money on GlucoCard Vital Supplies
To save on your GlucoCard Vital test strips and related accessories, take advantage of the following bundles: