CareSens Control Solution A, B and/or C 4mL
The CareSens Control Solution is a desired aqueous glucose solution for verifying the accuracy of the CareSens N blood glucose test Strips. CareSens Control Solution ensures that your meter and test strips are working together properly. The product contains a known amount of glucose that reacts with the glucose test trips.
When to Perform a CareSens Control Solution Test
According to CareSense N Owner’s Booklet, the CareSens control solution can be used to verify that your meter and strips are working correctly. The system is performing correctly if the control solution test result falls within the specific control solution range listed on your test strip vial.
You may check your meter and test strips using the CareSens Control Solutions(control A, B and/or C). The CareSens Control Solution contains a known amount
of glucose and is used to check that the meter and the test strips are working properly. The test strip vials have CareSens Control Solution ranges printed on their labels. Compare the result displayed on the meter to the CareSens Control Solution range printed on the test strip vial. Before using a new meter or a new vial of test strips, you may conduct a control solution test following the procedure on pages 19-20.
According to CareSense N Owner’s Booklet, you may do a control solution test:
- When you want to practice the test procedure using the control solution instead of blood,
- When using the meter for the first time,
- Whenever you open a new vial of test strips,
- If the meter or test strips do not function properly,
- If your symptoms are inconsistent with the blood glucose test results and you feel that the meter or test strips are not working properly,
- If you drop or damage the meter.
Checking your CareSens N test strips with CareSens Control solution will ensure your test strips are working properly and that you are getting accurate results with your CareSens N test strips. For precise instruction for Control Solution Testing visit CareSense N Owner’s Booklet.
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.