Embrace test strips are for use with the Embrace glucose meter to quantitatively measure the blood glucose using fresh capillary whole blood taken from fingertips, palm, or forearm. Checking your Embrace test strips with Embrace Control solution(s) will ensure your test strips are working properly.
VERIFYING YOUR EMBRACE TEST STRIPS WITH EMBRACE CONTROL SOLUTION(S)
The Embrace control solution is a 2.5 mL desired aqueous glucose solution for verifying the accuracy of the embrace glucose test strips. Embrace control solution ensures that your Embrace meters and test strips are working properly. The product contains a known amount of glucose that reacts with the glucose test trips. Embrace Control Solution is designed to specifically work with your Embrace Meter. The test between the two insures that the meter and test strip are working together to provide accurate and precise readings.
When to perform a Embrace control solution test
Embrace control solution(s) can be used to ensure accurate results with the Embrace test strips and to verify that your meter and strips are working correctly. The system is performing correctly if the control solution test result falls within the specific control solution range listed on your test strip vial.
According to the Embrace User Manual, you should always perform control tests:
- Using the Meter for the first time
- Using a new bottle of Embrace No Code blood glucose test strips
- You left the test strip bottle cap open for a while
- You dropped the Meter
- You suspect your Embrace meter and test strips are not working properly
- The blood glucose test results do not reflect how you feel
- Practice the testing procedure
- Use only the Embrace glucose control solutions with the Embrace No Code test strips
- Other brands of control solution will produce inaccurate results.
- Always check the expiration date. DO NOT use control solutions if expired.
- DO NOT FREEZE. Store the control solutions at room temperature.
The Embrace control solution is designed to check the accuracy of Embrace glucose meters and test strips. Simply apply a drop of the Embrace glucose control solution to a test strip and run a standard glucose test. Confirm that the test results are within the accepted range printed on the test strip vial. It is advised to test your glucose meter and strips accuracy on a regular basis. For precise instructions see the Embrace User Manual.
NOTE: Embrace control solution testing results will be stored in the Meter’s memory and indicated by CTL icon. Control solution testing result will not be used for calculating averages.
Embrace glucose testing supplies
Embrace glucose testing supplies are made by Omnis Health – one of the leading manufacturers of diabetic products. Here is a list of all the available Embrace glucose testing supplies.
How to save money on your Embrace testing supplies
To save on your Embrace test strips with Embrace control solution and/or related accessories, take advantage of the following bundles:
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.