The ADVOCATE Control Solution is a desired aqueous glucose solution for verifying the accuracy of the Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose test Strips. Checking your Advocate test strips with Advocate Control solution(s) will ensure your test strips are working properly and that you are getting accurate results with your Advocate blood glucose test strips.
VERIFYING YOUR ADVOCATE TEST STRIPS WITH ADVOCATE CONTROL SOLUTION
The Advocate Control Solution is a desired aqueous glucose solution for verifying the accuracy of the Advocate meters and blood glucose test Strips. Advocate Control Solution ensures that your meter and test strips are working together properly. The product contains a known amount of glucose that reacts with the glucose test trips.
WHEN TO PERFORM CONTROL TESTING
The Advocate control solution can be used to ensure accurate results with the Advocate test strips. The system is performing correctly if the control solution test result falls within the specific control solution range listed on your test strip vial.
According to the Advocate RediCode+ Speaking Meter User Manual, you need to check your system with control solutions:
- Before using the meter for the first time
- when you begin using a new vial of Advocate test strips
- Whenever you suspect that your Advocate meter or test strips are not working properly
- After cleaning and disinfection of the meter
- At least once a week
- To check your technique
- When your Advocate test strips are exposed to extreme environmental conditions (below 39.2°F, or above 104°F, humidity levels above 85%)
- If you drop the meter
Advocate Control Solution Testing
Advocate RediCode+ Speaking Meter User Manual shows the following guidelines for control solution testing:
- The control solution range printed on the Advocate test strip vial is for Advocate Redi-Code+ control solution. It’s used to evaluate the Advocate meter and test strip performance. It is not recommended range for your blood glucose level.
- Use only Advocate Redi-Code+ control solutions. Always check the expiration date on the control solution vial. Do not use if expired.
- Control solution, meter and test strips should come to room temperature between 68°F and 77°F before testing.
- Shake the vial before use. Discard the first drop of control solution. After squeezing, wipe off the dispenser tip to avoid contamination. The above tips ensure you get a good sample and accurate results.
- Due to the potential biohazards concern, you should always wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling the meter, lancing device, or test strips.
- Use for only 90 days from the date you first open it. Record the discard date on the control solution vial.
- Store the control solution tightly closed at temperatures between 35°F and 86°F.
For precise instruction on how to run a control test see the Advocate RediCode+ Speaking Meter User Manual.
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.
The Full Line of Advocate Diabetes Products
Advocate products are made by Pharma Supply – one of the leading manufacturers of diabetic products. Advocate goes beyond diabetes products to offer medical products. Here is a list of all the Advocate diabetes and medical supplies.