The Nova Max Control Solution is a desired aqueous glucose solution for verifying the accuracy of the Nova Max blood glucose test Strips. Checking your Nova Max test strips with Nova Max Control solution will ensure your test strips are working properly and that you are getting accurate results with your Nova Max blood glucose test strips.
VERIFYING YOUR NOVA MAX TEST STRIPS WITH NOVA MAX CONTROL SOLUTION
Nova Max Control Solution is for verifying the accuracy of Nova Max Plus glucose/ketone meter and Nova Max Link glucose meter. Nova Max Glucose/Ketone Control Solution is used in place of a blood sample to check for correct performance of glucose and ketone test strips. A target value for the Control Solution is printed on the glucose and ketone test strip packaging labels. The Control Solution is good for 2 years from the date of manufacture and for 90 days from the date of opening.
Nova Max Control Solution provides a method to check both glucose and ketone test strip performance. A control solution is used in place of blood to confirm that your monitor and test strips are working correctly. The Control Solution should be used as directed in the Nova Max operator’s guide.
Nova Max Control Solution is for use with Nova Max Plus and Nova Max Link meters.
WHEN TO RUN A CONTROL SOLUTION TEST
The control solution test confirms that your Nova Max test strips and glucose monitor are working correctly. A control solution test is similar to a blood glucose test, except you use Nova Max Control Solution and not a blood sample.
According to Nova Max Blood Glucose Monitor Owner’s Guide you should run a control solution test using a Nova Max control solution:
- When you first get your monitor and at least once a week thereafter
- Each time you open and begin using a new vial of Nova Max test strips
- If you leave the test strip vial cap open for any length of time
- If the monitor is dropped, damaged, or exposed to liquids
- If you think your test results are not accurate, or if your test results are not consistent with how you feel
- To check the performance of the monitor and test strips
- Nova Max High and Low Glucose Controls are also recommended as an additional quality control check for your blood glucose monitoring system
Important Information for Nova Max Control Solution
According to Nova Max Blood Glucose Monitor Owner’s Guide:
- Use only Nova Max Control Solution for the test.
- Check the expiration date on the control solution vial. Do not use control solution past the expiration date or you may get inaccurate results.
- Store only for 3 months after first opening. When you open a new vial of control solution, count forward 3 months and write that date on the label of the control solution vial. Discard any remaining solution after the date you have written on the vial.
- Store the control solution tightly closed at room temperature below 86°F (30°C). Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Shake the control solution well before using.
The Nova Max Control Solution range printed on the test strip vial is for control solution only. It is used to test the performance of the monitor and test strip. It is not a recommended range for your blood glucose level.
For precise instruction on how to run a control test see the Nova Max Blood Glucose Monitor Owner’s Guide.
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.
NOVA MAX BUNDLES
To save on your Nova Max test strips with Nova Max control solution take advantage of the following bundles.
The full line of Nova Max diabetes care products