The Prodigy test strips are for use with all the Prodigy glucose meters including the Prodigy AutoCode, Pocket, and Voice glucose meters to quantitatively measure the glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood samples. Checking your Prodigy test strips with Prodigy Control solution(s) will ensure your test strips are working properly and that you are getting accurate results with your Prodigy blood glucose test strips.
VERIFYING YOUR PRODIGY TEST STRIPS WITH PRODIGY CONTROL SOLUTION
The Prodigy Control Solution is a desired aqueous glucose solution for verifying the accuracy of the Prodigy meters and blood glucose test Strips. Prodigy Control Solution ensures that your meter and test strips are working together properly. The product contains a known amount of glucose that reacts with the glucose test trips.
When to perform a Prodigy control solution test
Prodigy control solution(s) can be used to ensure accurate results with the Prodigy test strips and to verify that your meter and strips are working correctly. The system is performing correctly if the control solution test result falls within the specific control solution range listed on your test strip vial.
According to the Prodigy No Coding User Manual, you should always perform control tests:
- When you begin using a new vial of Prodigy test strips.
- At least once a week.
- If you suspect that your Prodigy meter or Prodigy test strips are not giving proper results.
- When your blood glucose test results are not consistent with how you feel, or when you think your results are not correct.
- If you drop the meter.
- When you change the batteries
Prodigy Control Solution is used to check testing technique and system performance. Prodigy blood glucose monitoring systems use both high and low control solutions. When the control solution test result falls within the control range printed on the label of the vial of Prodigy test strips being used, the system is working as it should, and your testing technique is good. Read your Prodigy meter Owner’s Manual for complete testing details.
Important: The control range can change with each new vial of Prodigy test strips. Always use the control range on the label of your current vial of Prodigy test strips.
Store your Prodigy Control solution at 30-80 degrees F, Do Not Refrigerate, Discard after 3 Month After Opening, For In Vitro Diagnostic Use Only.
Prodigy Test Strips
The Prodigy No Coding Test Strips, commonly known as the Prodigy test strips, are for use with all the Prodigy glucose meters including the PRODIGY AutoCode, Pocket, and Voice glucose meters to quantitatively measure the glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood samples.
- For use with all Prodigy glucose meter
- Best option for pay out of pocket users
- No Coding required
- 3 Lead Technology to Ensure Enough Blood is Attained
- Approved for Alternate Site Testing (AST)
- Capillary action makes testing easy!
- Only 0.7 μL (microliters) of blood is required
- Get results is 7 seconds.
The Full Line of Prodigy Glucose Testing Supplies
Prodigy glucose testing supplies are made by Prodigy Diabetes Care, LLC – one of the leading manufacturers of diabetic products. Here is a list of all the Prodigy glucose testing supplies.
How to Save Money on Prodigy Diabetic Supplies
To save on your Prodigy test strips and related accessories, it’s a good idea to bundle your Prodigy test strips with Prodigy control solution:
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.