The FlowFlex Covid-19 Antigen Home Test is now available at Diabetic Outlet. You can rely on fast free shipping and quantity discounts for a Covid rapid home test as you have come expect for all diabetes and medical products from Diabetic Outlet. The test kit is available over-the-counter. The kit comes packed with everything you need to begin testing immediately. Taking the test is simple and results are quick.
As the Corona Virus continues to spread in the U.S and across the globe the need for self testing has become more essential than before. A home test is a quick solution to to determine your family’s COVID-19 status. It enables you to get rapid results, in the privacy of your own home. Once you have your test results you can follow the health expert guidelines for the next logical step. Self-testing may be the most effective way to detect the virus and slow down the spread of the virus.
WHAT IS FLOWFLEX COVID-19 ANTIGEN HOME TEST?
The FlowFlex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test is a rapid test for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens in anterior nasal specimens. It is intended for self-testing use under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) only.
The FlowFlex test kit includes everything you need to perform a test immediately, and the results are accurate. Here are some of the reasons you should test using the FlowFlex kit.
- Easy-to-use nasal swab test
- Requires just 1 test*
- Can be used to test children as young as 2 years old
- For use with and without COVID-19 symptoms
- Accurate results in 15 minutes
- No need to send off to a lab to obtain results
- Compact packaging for “On-The-Go” testing
- No need for prescription. The test is authorized for nonprescription home use.
- Testing does not hurt
*Other COVID-19 antigen home tests may require a 2nd test 2-3 days after the first.
This test procedure overview does not replace the package insert. Before you begin the test, it is important to read and follow the detailed instructions in the package insert.
PROS AND CONS
There are several different kinds of tests for COVID-19. Similar to all testing methods this test comes with some pros and cons.
- The test results and the information you collect can help you and healthcare provides make informed decisions about your health plan.
- The results of this test may help limit the spread of COVID-19 to your family and others around.
- You may feel discomfort during the nasal sample collection process
- The results may not be 100 percent accurate.
ARE THE RESULTS ACCURATE?
The Flowflex COVID-19 is an Antigen Home Test, which means it detects certain proteins from the virus. Antigen tests such FlowFlex are very specific for the COVID-19 virus and therefore can deliver accurate results. However they are not as sensitive as molecular tests, which detects detect genetic material from the virus. This means that a positive result is highly accurate, but a negative result does not rule out infection. If your test result is negative, you should discuss with your healthcare provider whether an additional molecular test is necessary and if you should continue isolating at home.
FlowFlex is made by ACON Laboratories, Inc. a leading manufacturer of high quality diagnostic and medical devices including include Point of Care, Immunoassays, Molecular Diagnostics and Animal Health. To learn more about ACON click here.