We are excited to announce the addition of the full line of Dexcom G6 continuous blood glucose monitoring (CGM) system to Diabetic Outlet. You can now enjoy discounted retail price plus free shipping on all Dexcom G6 supplies including sensor, transmitter and receiver. Want to save ever more? Checkout our Dexcom G6 bundle.
What is Dexcom G6 Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System?
Dexcom G6 continuous blood glucose monitoring (CGM) system is here to make every day glucose testing easier than every. The Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System is a tool that empowers people with diabetes by displaying continuous, real-time monitoring of their blood glucose levels without the need to manually prick their finger or scan their sensor.
Dexcom G6 is approved by the ADA and the AACE. Furthermore, the Endocrine Society recognizes continuous glucose monitoring as a standard of care that not only helps manage blood glucose levels but can actually reduce A1C.
Dexcom G6 Components
The Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system is composed of the 3 main components:
- Dexcom G6 Sensor continuously collects real-time glucose readings from your body. It contains single-use applicators with the sensors attached.
- Dexcom G6 Transmitter sends the readings collected by the sensor to the display device (Dexcom Receiver and/or smart device).¹
- Dexcom G6 Receiver displays glucose readings and trending information and will alert the user if high or low glucose thresholds are reached.
In addition to the above components Dexcom G6 comes with a comprehensive app that allows you to view, analyze and share your results. Dexcom G6 App allows up to 5 followers. Following requires the use of the Follow App.
How the Dexcom G6 works
The Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system is designed to be simple and comfortable. Simply insert the discrete sensor in an appropriate place on your body using the insertion device then attach the transmitter. Wear your Dexcom G6 sensor/transmitter 24 hours 7 days week for up to 10 days without the need to remove it for sleep, shower, or swim.
The transmitter sends readings to the receiver or to your compatible smart device every five minutes enabling you to not only know exactly what your blood glucose readings are, but also to recognize any trends or sudden changes. Staying abreast of these trends and sudden changes will help you manage your diabetes more effectively, and enjoy life more than ever.
What makes Dexcom G6 stand out
Let’s start by talking about managing diabetes for our children. The Dexcom G6 is an excellent option for parents who monitoring their children’s glucose levels. You will receive alerts when numbers are out of range, allowing you to make immediate decisions based on the situation at any given time – even when your child is at school. Dexcom G6 is the only continuous monitoring device that is approved for children aged two and up.
Rather than just a snapshot of your daily readings only at the time of testing, the Dexcom G6 enables you to see the broader picture, so you will always know exactly where you stand. But that’s not all. Dexcom G6 has several advantages that would make it a prime candidate for home and on-the-go glucose monitoring. Here are some of the main advantages of the Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system
- No more finger pricking
- A1C reduction
- Reduced hypoglycemia
- Active blood glucose monitoring 24/7 – even at night
- See immediately where your blood glucose levels are at-a-glance on your smart device
- Avoid blood glucose highs and lows
- Customizable glucose level thresholds
- Receive alerts when your glucose levels are trending up or down, or when you are outside of your pre-set range
- Share your results with up to five people in real-time
- View your trending results online at any time or through the app