There are several brands of diabetic test strips, each with different features, advantages, and prices. Perhaps due to a variety of reasons that are beyond the scope of this article, certain glucose test strips are more popular than others. The purpose of this article is to determine the most popular brands of test strips in 2015.
Case Study. Most Searched Phrases Related to Diabetic Test Strips in 2015
Perhaps one effective way for determining the popularity of a product is to look at the number of times people have searched for phrases that describe that product in a given time.
We conducted a case study during which we looked at the search traffic for phrases related to brand name test strips in the U.S in 2015. (Source: Google)[su_table]
|Phrase (Related to Diabetic Test Strips)
|Average Monthly Searches in Google, 2015
1. One Touch Ultra was the most popular test strip brand. The phrase “OneTouch Ultra” alone made up about 18% of the search traffic.
2. OneTouch Ultra and OneTouch Verio (including their derivatives) made up about one-third of the search traffic.
3. OneTouch Ultra, FreeStyle Lite, OneTouch Verio, Compact Plus, and Bayer Contour were the top 5 most popular test strips.
4. FreeStyle Lite, number 2 in our study, outranked the other 2 brands of Abbott FreeStyle test stirps – Insulinx and Precision Xtra.
5. Compact Plus was the most popular brand of Accu-Check test strips.
6. TrueBalance is the least popular brand of the three Nipro test strips.