The UniStrip1 Test Strips are only for use with the OneTouch Ultra, OneTouch Ultra2, OneTouch UltraMini and OneTouch UltraSmart meters, set at calibration code 49, for measuring glucose (sugar) in whole capillary blood. The UniStrip1 is meant for self-testing of blood glucose as an aid to monitor the effectiveness of diabetes control. If you intend to use Unistrip1 Test Strips for Alternate Site Testing (AST) we have a 9 Dos and Don’ts for you to ensure you get accurate results with your Unistrip1 generic blood glucose test strips.
Unistrip1 Test Strips for Alternate Site Testing (AST)
According to the Unistrip User Manual, Unistrip Test Strips allow alternate site testing (AST) from the fingertip, palm and/or the forearm. (Use of palm AST is not to be done with OneTouch Ultra meter). Alternative site testing with Unistrip should only be done during steady-state times (when glucose is not changing rapidly).
With reference to the Unistrip user guide, for the individuals seeking to use Unistrip1 Test Strips for Alternate Site Testing (AST) note the following restrictions:
- Use AST only two hours or more after a meal, two hours or more after taking insulin, or two hours or more after exercise.
- Do not use AST if you are aware that your glucose level is not as stable as usual.
- Do not use AST if you think you have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
- Do not use AST if you think you have hyper glycemia (high blood sugar).
- Do not use AST when you think your blood glucose may be rising or falling quickly.
- Do not use AST if your AST results do not match the way you feel.
- AST value should not be used in insulin does calculations.
- AST values should never be used to calibrate continuous glucose monitors (CGMSs).
- Do not use palm alternate site for testing with OneTouch Ultra meter.
Unistrip1 Generic Blood Glucose Test Strips
UniStrip1 test strip is a leading generic alternative to the OneTouch Ultra test strips. With Unistrip test strips you can have precise results at much lower costs. Unistrip glucose test strips work with the world’s most accurate meters – OneTouch – to deliver accurate glucose readings while helping the users save test strips and money.
- Exclusively for use with OneTouch Ultra, OneTouch Ultra2, OneTouch UltraMini, and OneTouch UltraSmart meters
- Delivers Accurate and Fast Results
- Allows alternate site testing (AST) from the fingertip
- Ideal for patients pay out of pocket
- Affordable glucose tests strips: Unistrip1 test strips cost users less than most managed care organization’s co-pays
- Designed for home monitoring of glucose levels at at home.
- Available in box of 50 strips
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.