The Advocate test strips (or Advocate Redi-Code+ Blood Glucose Test Strips) are for use with the Advocate Redi-Code Plus glucose meter to quantitatively measure the glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood samples. Ensuring accurate results with Advocate test strips is the key to have precise results at much lower costs using the advocate glucose monitoring system.
GETTING ACCURATE RESULTS WITH ADVOCATE TEST STRIPS
According to the Advocate RediCode+ Speaking Meter User Manual, Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose test is based on the quantitative measurement of glucose in whole blood. The blood sample is drawn into the tip of the Advocate test strips before testing. Glucose in the same mixes with special chemicals on the test test strips and a small electrical current is produced. The current is measured by the meter and the corresponding blood glucose level is displayed. The strength of the current produced by the reaction depends on the amount of glucose in the blood sample.
The Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose monitoring system consists of the Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose meter and Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose test strips. The Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose meter is used only with Advocate test strips. The advocate Redi-Code+ control solutions are for use with the Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose monitoring system as a quality control check to verify the accuracy of blood glucose test results.
According to the Advocate RediCode+ Speaking Meter User Manual, you should consider the following cautions to get accurate results with Advocate test strips system:
- Only use Advocate Redi-Code+ test strips with the Advocate Redi-Code+ meter. Other test strips may produce inaccurate results.
- Perform all quality control checks recommended in the Owner’s Manual.
- As with all small parts in this system, these parts should be kept away from small children who still put things in their mouths. If they are swallowed, promptly see a healthcare professional.
- Read all instructions thoroughly and practice the test before using the product to test your blood glucose. Do all quantity control checks as directed and consult with a diabetes healthcare professional.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
To ensure accurate results with Advocate test strips follow the guidelines below collected from the Advocate RediCode+ Speaking Meter User Manual:
- Always store or transport your meter, test strips, and control solution in the carrying case after each use.
- Store your meter, test strips, and control solution in a cool and dry place. Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Avoid dripping and storing impact on your system.
- After removing a test strip from the vial or using control solution, immediately replace the vial cap and close it tightly to avoid contamination or damage.
- Do not use test strips and control solution after expiration date. Write the discard date on their vials after first opening.
- Keep the test strips vial away from children since the cap and the test strips may be a chocking hazard. If swallowed, promptly see a healthcare professional for help.
The Advocate RediCode blood glucose test strips are intended to be used once and should not be reused or shared. To ensure that your Advocate Redi-Code glucose meter and Advocate Redi-Code Plus test strips are working properly, always perform a control test.
Always carefully Inspect your Advocate test strip container prior to using your test strips for the first time. If you detect any damage, do not use the Redi-Code strips. Damaged Advocate test strips may deliver inaccurate results.
The Advocate Redi Code Plus test strips are intended only for use outside the body (in vitro). Use the Advocate test strip immediately after removing it from the test strip container. Discard the test strips that are past the expiration date.
Do not use Advocate test strips for any purpose other than testing your glucose levels using the Advocate Redi-Code glucose monitoring system. Do not allow exposure of your Advocate test strips to heat, moisture, or humidity.
You may use the Advocate Control Solution(s) to check that your meter and test strips are working correctly. It is important that you carry out this simple check regularly. For precise instructions please check the Advocate test strips manual provided in the test strips box. To learn more see Checking Your Advocate Test Strips Using Advocate Control Solutions.
ALTERNATE SITE TESTING (AST)
According to the Advocate RediCode+ Speaking Meter User Manual, the Advocate test strips are approved for Alternate Site Testing (AST) meaning you can use Advocate test strips to test your glucose levels by drawing samples from areas other than your fingertips including the palm, the upper-arm, the calf, or the thigh with the equivalent results to fingertip testing. These areas of your body are called alternate sites. Since nerve ending (receptors) are not so condensed at alternate sites, test performed there will be less painful. To learn more see using Advocate test strips for Alternate Site Testing (AST).
ADVOCATE TEST STRIPS
The Advocate test strips (or Advocate Redi-Code+ Blood Glucose Test Strips) are for use with the Advocate Redi-Code Plus glucose meter to quantitatively measure the glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood samples. Advocate test strips are available in boxes of 50 count and 35 count.
- Small Sample Size Needed
- Rapid Test Time
- German Engineered
- Quick and Accurate Results
- Rapid-Set-Go Technology
- Easy to Handle
- For Self Testing
- Accurate and Easy to Handle
- No Coding Required
- Alternate Site Testing Approved
Advocate Test Strip Bundles
To save on your Advocate test strips and related accessories, take advantage of the following bundles:
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.
The Full Line of Advocate Diabetes Products
Advocate products are made by Pharma Supply – one of the leading manufacturers of diabetic products. Advocate goes beyond diabetes products to offer medical products. Here is a list of all the Advocate diabetes and medical supplies.