The Prodigy test strips are for use with all the Prodigy glucose meters including the Prodigy AutoCode, Pocket, and Voice glucose meters to quantitatively measure the glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood samples. Ensuring accurate results with Prodigy test strips is the key to have precise results at much lower costs using the Prodigy glucose monitoring systems.
GETTING ACCURATE RESULTS WITH PRODIGY TEST STRIPS
Prodigy test strips provide a measure of glucose in whole blood. The blood is drawn into the channel of the Prodigy No Coding Test Strips that absorbs it through capillary action. The blood glucose level is measured and displayed on your Prodigy meter. Only 0.7 μL (microliters) of blood is required and the time to get results is 7 seconds.
According to the Prodigy No Coding User Manual, Prodigy test strips should be used with a fresh blood sample. For best results follow these guidelines:
- Wash your hands and the puncture site. Rinse and dry yourself before testing. Do not clean the testing site with alcohol. Instead, wash the test site with soap and water only.
- Lance the puncture site to obtain a drop of blood. You may massage or gently rub the site in order to obtain the required amount of blood. Do not squeeze the puncture site in excess
No Coding Required
Prodigy test strips as the name suggests require no coding which means one less step. Simply insert the Prodigy test strips and proceed to testing.
Ensuring Accurate Results with Prodigy Test Strips through Control Testing
You may use the Prodigy Control Solution to check that your meter and test strips are working correctly. It is important that you carry out this simple check regularly. For precise instructions please check the Prodigy No Coding manual provided in the test strips box. Prodigy control solution(s) can be used to ensure accurate results with Prodigy test strips and to verify that your meter and strips are working correctly.
Blood Glucose Testing Guidelines
To obtain accurate results with Prodigy test strips, the Prodigy No Coding User Manual recommends the guidelines below when testing your blood glucose levels.
- Fully insert the Prodigy test strips into your Prodigy meter. Ensure that you insert the end of the strip with the contact bar into the test strip slot. The meter will turn on after you fully insert the Prodigy No Coding test strips until it won’t go further. The Prodigy meter will perform several self-checks.
- Follow the steps in your Prodigy meter to obtain a blood sample of at least 0.7 μL of blood. Use a Prodigy Lancing Device and Prodigy Lancet to get the blood sample. Hold the blood drop to the end of the Prodigy test strips that is outside the meter until blood has filled the confirmation window. The meter will beep and begin to count down.
- After 7 seconds, your Prodigy meter will display the blood glucose test result. The Prodigy meter will store the test result. The meter will shut off when you remove the Prodigy test strips. Discard the used test strips.
Storage and Handling of Prodigy Test Strips
To ensure accurate results with your Prodigy test strips, follow the guidelines below to properly handle and store your Prodigy test strips:
- Do not use Prodigy test strips after the date they expire or results may be wrong.
- Prodigy No Coding test strips expire 90 days after opened. When you first open the vial, write the date opened on the test strips vial.
- Store your Prodigy strips in a cool, dry place between 39°–104°F (4°–40°C) and between 10% and 85% relative humidity.
- Keep the Prodigy No Coding test strips away from direct sunlight.
- Prodigy glucose test Strips must be stored ONLY in their vial.
- Do not transfer them to a new vial or other holder. Do not touch the Prodigy No Coding test strips when your hands are wet.
- Use each Prodigy No Coding Test Strips promptly after taking it from the vial. Close the vial lid quickly after taking a new strip.
- Keep the vial lid closed at all times when not in use.
- Do not bend, cut or alter your Prodigy blood glucose test strips.
The Full Line of Prodigy Glucose Testing Supplies
Prodigy glucose testing supplies are made by Prodigy Diabetes Care, LLC – one of the leading manufacturers of diabetic products. Here is a list of all the Prodigy glucose testing supplies.
How to Save Money on Prodigy Diabetic Supplies
To save on your Prodigy test strips and related accessories, take advantage of the following bundles:
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.