Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM)
$480.00 – $590.00
Free 1-2 day shipping
Dexcom G6 Contains Sensor, Transmitter & Receiver.
You may also like…
Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System
The Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System is a tool that empowers people with diabetes by displaying continuous, real-time monitoring of their blood glucose levels without the need to manually prick their finger or scan their sensor.
The Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system is composed of the 3 main components and an intuitive app.
- Dexcom G6 Sensor continuously collects real-time glucose readings from your body. It contains single-use applicators with the sensors attached.
- Dexcom G6 Transmitter sends the readings collected by the sensor to the display device (Dexcom Receiver and/or smart device).¹
- Dexcom G6 Receiver displays glucose readings and trending information and will alert the user if high or low glucose thresholds are reached.
- Dexcom G6 App allows you to store, analyze and share your glucose readings – only for compatible devices.² Dexcom G6 App allows up to 5 followers. Following requires the use of the Follow App.²
1. For a list of compatible devices, visit: dexcom.com/compatibility
2. The Dexcom Follow App is not included as part of the Dexcom G6 CGM System. Followers must download the Dexcom Follow App separately. Internet connectivity required to access Dexcom Follow. Followers should always confirm readings on the Dexcom G6 App or Receiver before making treatment decisions.
- 1 Dexcom G6 Transmitter
- 1 Dexcom G6 Receiver
- 1 pack of Dexcom G6 Sensors (3 sensors and insertion devices)
The Power of information
Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitor allows you to turn your daily glucose readings into valuable information. The more you know, the more empowered you feel living your everyday life. Get intuitive data and use it to manage your diabetes more effectively by making informed decisions.
The G6 allows you to continually see your G6 readings, updated every 5 minutes for up to 10 days, without the bother of taking constant fingerstick measurements or calibrations. You’ll see:
- Dexcom G6 readings are updated every 5 minutes.
- Trend arrows show where your BG is heading.
- Alarm/alerts warn you when you need to take action; for example, when your BG is too high or too low.
- Trend graphs show the last 1, 3, 6, 12, and 24 hours of your G6 readings.
- Share/Follow App allows you to share your G6 readings and trends with your support team.
- CLARITY Reports lets you see different reports reflecting your glucose trends. With CLARITY, you and your HCP can review, analyze, and evaluate your historical G6 data.
The Dexom G6 Continuous glucose monitoring system (CGM) offers several key features over other glucose monitoring methods including:
- Zero Fingersticks
- Continuous, real-time data readings
- Easy and painless sensor applicator
- Extended 10-day sensor
- Mobile app with optional data-sharing
- New alert – Urgent Low Soon
- Customizable alarms and alerts for day and night
- Smaller wearable transmitter
- Only CGM with no medication interactions
- No calibration
Dexcom G6 Accuracy Metrics (Compared to YSI Lab Reference)
More about Dexcom G6
Real-time continuous glucose monitoring (RT-CGM) has gained acceptance within the diabetes community as an effective tool for helping patients manage their diabetes:
- Reduce A1C and hypoglycemia²,³
- Increase time in range²,³
- Reduce glucose variability4
Dexcom CGM First
Professional societies, including the ADA, AACE and the Endocrine Society recognize RT-CGM as a standard of care.5-7 Dexcom CGM use has been proven to both reduce A1C and decrease risk of hypoglycemia regardless of insulin delivery method.³
1 Dexcom CGM System User Guide, 2018. 2 Beck RW, Riddlesworth T, Ruedy K, et al. Effect of Continuous Glucose Monitoring on Glycemic Control in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Using Insulin Injections: The DIAMOND
Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;317(4):371-378. 3 Soupal J, Petruzelkova L, Flekac M, et al. Comparison of Different Treatment Modalities for Type 1 Diabetes, Including Sensor-Augmented Insulin Regimens, in 52 Weeks of Follow-Up: A COMISAIR Study. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2016;18(9):532-538. 4 Heinemann L, Freckmann G, Ehrmann D, et al. Real-time continuous glucose monitoring in adults with type 1 diabetes and impaired hypoglycaemia awareness or severe hypoglycaemia treated with multiple daily insulin injections (HypoDE): a multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2018. 5 American Diabetes Association. Glycemic Targets: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2018. Diabetes Care. 2018;41(Suppl 1):S55-S64. 6 Bailey TS, Grunberger G, Bode BW, et al. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and American College of Endocrinology 2016 Outpatient Glucose Monitoring Consensus Statement. Endocr Pract. 2016;22(2):231-261. 7 Peters A, Ahmann A, Battelino T et al. Diabetes Technology—Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Therapy and Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adults: An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2016:jc.2016-2534.
Note. If your glucose alerts and readings from the G6 do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose meter to make diabetes treatment decisions.
Dexcom, Dexcom G6
Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM)
Q & A
Please follow the instructions that came with your device.DiabeticOutlet answered on March 25, 2022 store manager
Sorry, no questions were found