You may also like…
FreeStyle Libre 2 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM)
Stay in control of your glucose monitoring like never before with the Freestyle Libre 2 CGM System!
The Libre 2’s innovative technology empowers you to obtain continuous blood glucose readings without the constant hassle of carrying and disposing of lancets and test strips. The Libre 2 is a Flash CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) system that is discretely worn on the back of the arm and automatically tracks blood glucose levels day and night.
The Libre 2 CGM system has two simple components: (1) wearable sensor and (2) wireless reader. The sensor sends continuous readings to the reader when connected and can display real time measurements with a simple swipe.
Libre 2 CGM’s Components
This Freestyle Libre 2 system includes a wireless reader and a wearable sensor. Altogether the bundle includes the following items:
- 1 Freestyle Libre 2 Reader
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Power Adopter
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick reference Guide
- 1 Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor – 14 day
- 1 Sensor applicator
- 2 Alcohol wipes
- Product information card
Why Flash Continuous Glucose Monitoring?
The Freestyle Libre 2 system is one of the only glucose monitoring devices to measure glucose levels every minute. When combined with the 14-day sensor, nearly unmatched levels of accuracy in a wearable CGM are provided. This means that a total of 1,440 readings per day ensure the user is always aware and in control. An optional audible alarm notifies the user through the Libre 2 reader. With a simple swipe of the device real-time measurements and trends are viewable.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JWBurwJ1Q]
The Libre 2 System offers the following innovative features:
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring 24/7
- 1,440 readings per day: a wealth of information
- Track up to 8 hours of trends at a time
- Wearable 14-day easy-to-apply sensor
- Small, discrete & scannable through clothing
- Instantaneous readings from the Libre 2 Reader or a paired smartphone app
- Audible high & low glucose alarms – set to user determined levels
- Doesn’t require regular test-strips or lancets
- More affordable than several competing products
- Intuitive mobile application – track and analyze glucose trends
- Ability to work as a traditional/backup blood glucose monitor with Freestyle Precision Neo Test Strips
- Single use 14-day sensor
- Sensor glucose reading range: 40 to 400 mg/dL
- Size: 5 mm height and 35 mm diameter
- Weight: 5 grams
- Power source: one silver oxide battery (included)
- Sensor memory: 8 hours (glucose readings stored every 15 minutes)
- Transmission range: 20 feet unobstructed
- Operating temperature 50 °F to 113 °F
- Water resistant: IP27: Can withstand immersion into 3 ft of water for up to 30 minutes
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring 24/7 (with Libre 2 Sensor)
- Instantaneous readings with a touchless swipe of the reader
- Audible high & low glucose alarms
- Tracking of daily glucose trends over time
Applying the Libre 2 Sensor
Applying the sensor is surprisingly easy. Through just a few simple steps you can begin monitoring your glucose levels with the Libre 2 system! The Libre 2 sensor is attached with the provided applicator. Watch the Libre 2 application video below:[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzM_sFnwgEc]
Setting up the Libre 2 Reader
Setting up the included reader is just as simple and provides for easy real-time glucose monitoring.
Watch the libre 2 reader setup video below:
Enabling Alarms on the Libre 2 Reader
One of the biggest differences between the Freestyle Libre and Libre 2 is the ability to set optional swipe-free alarms that transmit to a paired reader or smartphone. Please note that the alarm device must be manually set up before use and remain within range of the sensor.
The system allows for three types of alarms:
- Low Glucose
- High Glucose
- Signal Loss
Ease your worries of glucose levels spiking or crashing without your knowledge – use CGM alarms to stay on top of diabetic care in the moment.
With the Libre 2 you’re able to select your own low and high glucose levels. Low glucose alarms may be set between 60 mg/dL to 100 mg/dL. High glucose alarms may be set between 120 MG/DL to 400 DG/ML.
Watch this video to learn how to use glucose level alarms:[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUm71dOywlM?start=26]
PRODUCT SUPPORT FOR THE FREESTYLE LIBRE 2 SYSTEM
Abbott Freestyle Libre 2 User Manual.
Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring System
Freestyle Libre 2
Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Q & A
Vendor InformationVendor: Diabetic Outlet
Rating: 4.82 rating from 1427 reviews
There are no reviews yet.