FREESTYLE LIBRE 2 CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE MONITORING (CGM)
Stay in control of your glucose monitoring like never before with the Freestyle Libre 2 CGM System!
The Libre 2’s innovative technology empowers you to obtain continuous blood glucose readings without the constant hassle of carrying and disposing of lancets and test strips. The Libre 2 is a Flash CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) system that is discretely worn on the back of the arm and automatically tracks blood glucose levels day and night.
The Libre 2 CGM system has two simple components: (1) wearable sensor and (2) wireless reader. The sensor placed on the body will send continuous readings to the reader when connected and can display real time measurements with a simple swipe.
LIBRE 2 CGM BUNDLE INCLUDES
Your Freestyle Libre 2 system includes a wireless reader and a wearable sensor. Altogether the bundle includes the following items:
- 1 Freestyle Libre 2 Reader
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Power Adopter
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick reference Guide
- 1 Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor – 14 day
- 1 Sensor applicator
- 2 Alcohol wipes
- Product information card
WHY FLASH CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE MONITORING?
The Freestyle Libre 2 system is one of the only glucose monitoring devices to measure glucose levels every minute. When combined with the 14-day sensor, nearly unmatched levels of accuracy in a wearable CGM are provided. This means that a total of 1,440 readings per day ensure the user is always aware and in control. An optional audible alarm notifies the user through the Libre 2 reader. With a simple swipe of the device real-time measurements and trends are viewable.
The Libre 2 System offers the following innovative features:
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring 24/7
- Stay aware and in control of your glucose levels
- 1,440 readings per day: a wealth of information
- Track 8 hour trends
- Wearable 14-day easy-to-apply sensor
- Enjoy an active lifestyle, be on the go
- Instantaneous readings from the Libre 2 Reader
- Or a paired smartphone app
- Audible high & low glucose alarms
- Set your desired highs and lows
- Small, discrete & scannable through clothing
- No more hassle of dealing with strips and lancets
- Most affordable of any comparable competitors
- Intuitive app to view and analyze your health
- Ability to work as a traditional blood glucose monitor with Freestyle Precision Neo Test Strips
- Single use 14-day sensor
- Sensor glucose reading range: 40 to 400 mg/dL
- Size: 5 mm height and 35 mm diameter
- Weight: 5 grams
- Power source: one silver oxide battery (included)
- Sensor memory: 8 hours (glucose readings stored every 15 minutes)
- Transmission range: 20 feet unobstructed
- Operating temperature 50 °F to 113 °F
- Water resistant: IP27: Can withstand immersion into 3 ft of water for up to 30 minutes
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring 24/7 (with Libre 2 Sensor)
- Instantaneous readings with a touchless swipe of the reader
- Audible high & low glucose alarms
- Tracking of daily glucose trends over time
APPLYING THE FREESTYLE LIBRE 2 SENSOR
Applying the sensor is surprisingly easy. By following just a few easy steps and you will be on your way to begin monitoring your glucose levels with the Libre 2 system! The Libre 2 sensor is installed with the provided applicator. Watch the Libre 2 application video below:
SETTING UP THE FREESTYLE LIBRE 2 READER
Setting up the reader is very easy. By following just a few easy steps and you will be on your way to begin monitoring your glucose levels with the Libre 2 Reader!
Watch the libre 2 setup video below:
ENABLING ALARMS ON THE LIBRE 2 READER
One of the biggest differences between the Freestyle Libre and Libre 2 is the ability to set optional swipe free alarms that transmit to a paired reader or smartphone. Please note that the alarm device must be manually set up before use and stay within range of the sensor.
The system allows for three types of alarms:
- Low Glucose
- High Glucose
- Signal Loss
SET YOUR OWN HIGH OR LOW ALARMS
Never worry about your glucose level reaching a concerning low or high with you knowing it.
With the Libre 2 you’re able to select your own low and high glucose levels. Low glucose alarms may be set between 60 mg/dL to 100 mg/dL. High glucose alarms may be set between 120 MG/DL to 400 DG/ML.
Watch this video to learn How to Use Glucose Level Alarms: