Embrace test strips are for use with the Embrace glucose meter to quantitatively measure the blood glucose using fresh capillary whole blood taken from fingertips, palm, or forearm. If you intend to use Embrace test strips for Alternate Site Testing (AST) we have a few tips for you to ensure you get accurate results with your Embrace test strips.
EMBRACE TEST STRIPS FOR ALTERNATE SITE TESTING (AST)
According to the Embrace User Manual, Embrace test strips are approved for Alternate Site Testing (AST). Embrace test strips allow alternate site testing (AST) from the fingertips, palm, or forearm. Alternate site testing can be less painful than fingertip testing, but because of the physiological differences between your fingertip and palm and forearm; alternate site test results may be significantly different than results from fingertip testing under certain conditions. You should consult with your doctor or healthcare professional before using alternate site testing.
DO AST ONLY in the following intervals:
- In a pre-meal or fasting state (more than 2 hours since the last meal)
- Two hours or more after taking insulin
- Two hours or more after exercise
Alternate Site Testing SHOULD NOT be used when:
- You have Hypoglycemic unawareness (not able to tell if you have low blood sugar)
- Within 2 hours of a meal, exercise, or medication
- You will be operating machinery or driving a car
- You are sick
- You think your blood glucose is low
- Your AST results do not match the way you feel
- You are testing for hyperglycemia
- Your routine glucose results are often fluctuating
- If you are pregnant
EMBRACE TEST STRIPS
Embrace test strips are designed to deliver fast and accurate glucose readings. Embrace strips require a tiny blood sample which means less blood is needed.
- Biosensor-based test strips that requires very little blood sample
- Under-fill detection to alert you when there is not enough blood to test
- Approved for Alternate Site Testing (AST)
- Fast and Accurate Results
- Easy to use
- Instant triple check system
- No coding required
Embrace glucose testing supplies
Embrace glucose testing supplies are made by Omnis Health – one of the leading manufacturers of diabetic products. Here is a list of all the available Embrace glucose testing supplies.
How to save money on your Embrace testing supplies
To save on your Embrace test strips and related accessories, take advantage of the following bundles:
* Content and information on this page is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and does NOT constitute any medical professional advice.