Your blood glucose monitor is an important tool in managing and monitoring blood glucose levels. To be sure you are getting an accurate reading from your meter, it is important to check it every periodically, using Dario control solution to be sure the test results you are seeing are true. Dario control solutions are made to be used with the Dario meter and strips. To check the accuracy of the meter, you would use the control solution in place of a blood sample and compare the results.
When should I check my Dario meter?
You should check your Dario meter strips with Dario control solutions if you are experiencing any of the following:
- You are using your Dario meter for the first time
- Your results do not reflect how you feel physically
- You have dropped the meter
- You have repeated a test and the results still don’t line up with what you expect
- When you open a new box of test strips
- If the box of test strips has been open for a long time or has been exposed to high heat
- If you have any doubts at all about the accuracy of a test
- If you received a new meter
- After the meter has been cleaned
You might also use the control solution to practice your testing technique. You might also think of it as a preventative measure to be sure you are getting consistently accurate results.
What are Dario control solutions?
Dario provides control solutions so that you can test your Dario blood glucose meter and strips for accuracy. It contains a known concentration of glucose that is meant to react to the chemicals contained in the Dario test strips. The range for the control solution will be clearly marked on the label and the results you obtain should match these values.
There are two different control solutions in the Dario control solution set, Level 1 and Level 2, each representing either a high control number or a low control number. You should be checking both, as they each have an impact on the way you feel.
If you take insulin, testing your meter is important to make sure your meter is working properly as an inaccurate reading could be harmful.
Here are some more handy tips to ensure your meter readings are accurate:
- Keep your test strips in a cool dry place
- Toss any test strips that are past their date
- Don’t use control solutions after they have been open for three months
Bottom line, if the test results you receive from your control solutions do not match the ranges that they should, your smart meter is not working correctly. If this is the case, it might be time to contact Dario support.