iHealth – Glucose Control Solution
The iHealth Control Solution is for use with iHealth Glucometers and Test Strips.
This includes the iHealth Smart Glucometer and Align Glucometer, as used with iHealth Test Strips.
- Level II Classification
- Container Size: 4ml
- Container Type: Resealable Plastic
Why to Perform a Control Solution Test
From the iHealth User Manual:
“Control solution contains a known amount of glucose that reacts with test strips and is used to check that your meter and test strips are working together properly.”
When to Perform a Control Solution Test
According to the manufacturer, iHealth, the control solution should be used to test the system when:
- First receiving or purchasing the meter.
- Checking the meter and test strips (which should be done at least once a week).
- Using a new vial of test strips.
- It is suspected that the meter or test strips may not be working properly.
- Blood glucose test results are inconsistent with symptoms.
- Practicing the testing process.
- The meter may have been dropped or damaged.
Instructions: How To Perform a Control Solution Test – iHealth
iHealth Smart Glucose System: In depth instructions may be found on page 17 of the Smart Glucometer Manual
iHealth Align Glucose Meter: Page 12 of the iHealth Align Manual, further reference instructions in Smart Glucometer Manual above.
If Control Solution Results Are Incorrect
Results falling outside of the specified range may be caused by:
- An error in the test
- Expired or contaminated control solution
- An expired or contaminated test strip
- Meter malfunction
If you continue to get control solution test results that fall outside of the range printed on the vial, the meter may not be working properly.
If results are incorrect, please contact the manufacturer directly:
Discontinue use and call iHealth Labs Customer Service at 1-855-816-7705 for assistance or email at [email protected].
|2.52 × 2 × 2 in
1 iHealth control solution
Blood Glucose & Ketone Monitor