PandaPod | Tissue Dispenser + 10 Wipes | For Finger-Prick Testing
- An environmentally friendly solution for cleaning skin before and after testing
- Biodegradable, super cleansing spunlace bamboo charcoal tissues
- Tissue dispenser with integrated waste bin for disposing of used strips
- Includes 10 mini bamboo charcoal high absorption
You may also like…
PandaPod Tissue Dispenser for Finger-Prick Testing
PandaPods are biodegradable, super cleansing spunlace bamboo charcoal tissues. They are both a dry wipe to sanitize the skin and a blotter to clean up afterwards. Each side holds 4 stacks of 10 – 80 in total.
PandaPod has two main components as follow:
- Top lid: The top lid opens to reveal soft bamboo charcoal tissues that are super cleansing dry wipes to sanitize the skin and a blotter to wipe up afterwards.
- Bottom lid or waste bin: the bottom lid opens to reveal a bin to store used tissues and used test strips.
- 1 case-friendly tissue dispenser with integrated waste bin
- 10 mini bamboo charcoal high absorption biodegradable super cleaning, sanitizing wipe and blotter
If you’ve had to test your blood glucose level when you’re on the go you may have faced the following issues:
- what do you use to clean your skin where you intend to lance your finger?
- how do you wipe up the blood residue after drawing it up to the test strip?
- where do you then put the dirty wipe/blotter and the used test strip?
It is not always convenient to carry a pack of fresh wet wipes or to reach out for a sheet of toilet paper, you don’t always have a sanitary bin handy or somewhere to dispose it and you don’t always carry a sharps container or similar for the used test strips.
The solution is PandaPod, a slim smooth, hard shell case that dispenses small round wipes that are fit for purpose without waste. It is compact enough to fit into the pocket of your zip up glucose meter case and comes loaded with a stack of wipes/blotters.
PandaPod has been designed to be really user friendly. The lids snap shut magnetically with a protruding lip help open. Being magnetic the closing forces act softly over a distance, unlike a mechanical clip with a sharp snap that is not always easy to open. The end wipe in the stack is half exposed for an easy grip – no fiddling necessary.
PandaPod is double-sided
Open the top lid to gain access to the tear off tissues. They act as dry wipes to sanitize the skin before lancing and blotters to mop up any residue. Open the bottom lid and there is a bin to store the soiled wipes and any used test strips.
Unlike wet wipes they of course cannot dry out so have a long shelf life. The bamboo is biodegradable with a super soft texture that gives them a remarkable blotting power. Being charcoal black they do not show blood stains.
Bamboo is the rediscovered eco-friendly biodegradable carbon neutral super crop. It has greater compressive strength than concrete and about the same strength-to-weight ratio as steel in tension. It yields 20 times more fibre than trees, captures 5 times more carbon and releases 35% more oxygen to the atmosphere.
How to Refill
The PandaPod splits into two in a rather cunning way. The first time you do it it may seem like a Chinese puzzle, but once mastered it’s never forgotten!
If a single lid is opened the two shells stay locked together, but if both lids are opened by at least 90 degrees the two shells separate. To refill, open the lids and separated the two shells. Insert a new tissue stack into the internal cavity behind the slot in the top shell and thread the end tissue through that slot. Bring the two shells back together and close both lids to secure.
PandaPod Tissue Refills
The refills come in pack of 8 stacks of 10 wipes. The folded blister that holds them can be opened to remove a stack and then resealed to keep the rest tidy.
|Dimensions||4 × 4 × 1 in|
1 case-friendly tissue dispenser with integrated waste bin +